February 02, 2009

Beloved Nabi - May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him

On Friday I was delighted to be able to attend a couple of lectures by our beloved Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury (May Allah preserve him, Ameen.) I am so glad I went, it was very uplifting and I learnt so much. Alhamdulilah!

He mentioned a hadith I hadn't come across earlier and it made me feel so proud to be a Muslim and to have a Prophet as dear as Muhammad (pbuh). There truly is so much we can learn from his way of life . His character was one of complete himility and based on sincere trust and submission to Allah (swt). He was a model of kindness and humbleness. I'd love to share this hadith with you all:

On the day of Khaibar, about twenty women accompanied the army. The Prophet (pbuh) found a young girl walking among the ranks so he called to her because she was too young to be by herself. He took her behind him on his camel. The companions said that when he wanted to rest, he got off the camel first, brought the camel down, then he took the young girl’s hand and helped her to the ground. When the battle was over and the Muslims won, the Prophet (pbuh) was dividing the booty while his eyes were searching for the girl. He found her and asked her to approach. When she came, he got a necklace from the booty and gave it to her insisting to put it round her neck himself. That girl, after she grew up, used to say, "By Allah, the necklace has never left my neck from that day and I asked that it be buried with me so that if I meet the Prophet on the Day of Judgment I will come to him with the necklace around my neck and I will tell him, 'Here is the necklace, O Prophet of Allah, remember the necklace!'"

Here are some verses from the Noble Qur'an that speak about the Prophet (pbuh)'s exemplary character:

Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad pbuh) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much. (33:21)

And verily, you (O Muhammad pbuh) are on an exalted standard of character. (68:4)

That this is verily the word of an honoured Messenger [i.e. Jibrael (Gabriel) or Muhammad SAW which he has brought from Allah].(69:40)

No comments:

Post a Comment