August 26, 2008

Alhamdulilah - All praise belongs to Allah (swt)

When I was pregnant with my second child I was very eager to find out the gender of my baby. Deep down I hoped it would be a boy just so my elder daughter could have a 'mahram'. I don't have any brothers and always wished I had one. But as time went by I didn't really care what gender my baby would be, all I wanted was for him/her to be healthy and pious. When the time finally arrived, we found out that we have been blessed with a baby girl. Alhamdulilah! The first thing that my husband told me as we walked out of the sonographer's room was - 'this is yet another opportunity for us to go to paradise, insha'Allah!' So for all those out there who have been blessed with 2 or more daughters, I'd like to share this with you:

Sahih Muslim

Chapter 44: THE MERIT OF ACCORDING BENEVOLENT TREATMENT TO DAUGHTERS


Book 032, Number 6362:

'A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), said: A woman came to me along with her two daughters. She asked me for (charity) but she found nothing with me except one date, so I gave her that. She accepted it and then divided it between her two daughters and herself ate nothing out of that. She then got up and went out, and so did her two daughters. (In the meanwhile) Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) visited me and I narrated to him her story. Thereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who is involved (in the responsibility) of (bringing up) daughters, and he accords benevolent treatment towards them, there would be protection for him against Hell-Fire.


Book 032, Number 6363:

'A'isha reported: A poor woman came to me along with her daughters. I gave her three dates. She gave a date to each of them and then she took up one date and brought that to her mouth in order to eat that, but her daughters expressed desire to eat it. She then divided the date that she intended to eat between them. This (kind) treatment of her impressed me and I mentioned that which she did to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Thereupon he said: Verily Allah has assured Paradise for her, because of (this act) of her, or He has rescued her from Hell-Fire.


Book 032, Number 6364:

Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He, who brought up two girls properly till they grew up, he and I would come (together) (very closely) on the Day of Resurrection, and he interlaced his fingers (for explaining the point of nearness between him and that person).

No comments:

Post a Comment