August 26, 2008

A True Hero

Yesterday I received my copy of the Australian Breastfeeding Association's bi-monthly magazine - Essence. I became a member of the organisation while expecting our second child as I was keen on having a positive breastfeeding experience second time around, as I wasn't successful with my first born. Alhamdulilah, the ABA has been of great help and support. I would highly recommend supporting such organisations who's goal is to promote exclusive breastfeeding of infants for the first 6 months of their lives and continued feeding uptil the age of 2 or beyond (which is in accordance with the Qur'an & Sunnah). They offer heaps of services for women who encounter breastfeeding problems and also play a major role in raising breastfeeding awarness among the masses.

I love their magazine and always read it cover to cover the day it arrives! Yesterday wasn't any different. I came across an article which spoke about how a Chinese police officer took it upon herself to feed 9 orhpaned/seperated infants after the devastating earthquake in May '08. Here's an article published on CNN website.

SubhanAllah I think she is a true hero. The way she instinctively reacted and cared for those babies shows how deep maternal instinct can be, and illustrates it's universal nature.

May Allah guide her to the truth and keep her steadfast, Ameen.

Here's a snippet from YouTube:

2 comments:

  1. I too have found the Australian Breastfeeding Association to be a great organization. I always recommend it to my frinds when I find out that they are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam,
    The chinese lady is a real heroine. Cheers to her, and to you fo rpublishing it.

    ReplyDelete